Thursday, March 7, 2013

A blank canvas

"This world is but a canvas to our imagination.” - Thoreau

I have felt really inspired lately to draw and paint and create things.
My aim is to open up my Etsy store again as soon as possible so it means I've got to get busy. I'm in the process of trying to organise my old stock and to create the new. It's a bit overwhelming but I'm getting there.

This is what I've been working on in the mean time. I'm just an amatuer when it comes to illustrating and painting but it is something I find peaceful and enjoy doing.





As you can see, I'm not very good but it's all about practice and patience (or so I keep telling myself!) I think it'd be pretty sweet to be a professional painter and/or illustrator.


Being bored one night, I decided to make these cute little donuts. 




And I had been dying to work with sculpey clay and make some new pieces for the store but my oven broke recently which prevented me from doing so. Finally, after about two weeks though, we got it fixed and I was able to get some productive work done.



Soot sprites from Studio Ghibli films



Mermaid shells and pokeballs 


A dinglehopper! 






Also, I came across this adorable tokidoki DIY unicorno the other day whilst browsing the interwebs and oh my god it is so fabulous.

I'd really like two of these, for my boyfriend and I, as a sort of collaborative art project. That'd be the bees knees!

Kisses xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment