Monday, April 22, 2013

Ironfest 2013

Ironfest is a medieval festival that is held annually in the Blue Mountains region of New South Wales. It was the first time I'd ever been but I had so much fun (despite the freezing and rainy weather!) and I think I'll be going back next year.












The highlight of my day was definitely the birds of prey. They did a show in which the birds flew to each of the trainers and did some tricks. They were amazing and I was so in awe of these beautiful creatures.

Please note in some of the photos, some of the birds are wearing specially fitted hoods to stop them from becoming too excitable. It does not harm or irritate them in any way.










The best bit of all was that I got to hold the eagle myself! 
Her name was Sabrina and she was just so pretty. She weighed 6 kg and I was so frightened I wouldn't have the strength to lift her with only one arm but her trainer was very helpful and guided me through it. 
It was amazing and definitely a dream come true for me! 


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment